Not only is Loza Maléombho
an up and coming,
award winning women’s clothes designer, but her vision of fashion encorporates ethical solutions
to help support the social and economic empowerment
of women in Côte d’Ivoire
.Loza Maléombho New York
is a women’s contemporary fashion line based in New york and producing in Côte d’ivoire (W. Africa) We deliver quality and culturally eclectic garments to an international fashionista.
1. Redefine the quality of W. African’s products in the eyes of the rest of the world
Loza Maléombho’s signature is the exclusive structured jacket. These jackets are fabricated in 50 – 100 pieces only and are the rendition of detailed craftsmanship. The patterns are professionally made by experienced pattern makers in New York City and sent out to our workshop in Côte d’Ivoire where we conduct ongoing training programs on cutting, sewing and pattern assembly.
2. Empower Ivorian women in order to levitate their social and economic conditions.
When a lower class African woman is provided with a job she re-invests in her children’s education and improve the quality of life in her home and community. Also, to remunerate ONE African is to feed an average of SEVEN people. (The average African household)
Backing ourselves with this consensus, Loza Maléombho New York will find social and economic solutions for development in Côte d’Ivoire.
Having set up a workshop space and an enthusiastic team of ten women, she has just set up an Indiegogo Campaign to help raise funds to secure equipment (12 sewing machines) payroll, workshop renovations and reach her production goal of Spring 2013.
By donating at the following link you can help Loza:
1. HIRE 10 WOMEN FULL TIME // Because of limited funding, all of our women have been working on a freelance basis. However in order for our vision to be efficient and long lasting we need to provide them with a full time salary.
2. PROVIDE FAIR WAGE // Remember ONE person feeds SEVEN so there is no room for under paid jobs here.
3. MAINTAIN ETHICS // NO CHILD LABOR and safe and enjoyable working conditions. An ethical working environment promotes enthusiasm and ambition
Find out how you can help Loza Maléombho New York “re-brand” African-made apparel in the eyes of the rest of the world and empower Ivorian women. Watch the Campaign Video
and pick up your perk!