We are extremely excited about this! And we are asking for your support.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: TUESDAY 31ST JULY 2012, 6PM GMT.
This year the Ethical Fashion Forum is expanding on its annual INNOVATION competition to launch the SOURCE Awards and it is now open for applications. The SOURCE Awards are free to enter and open to all, from individuals to businesses, in every country in the world.
Recognising the potential for fashion business to transform livelihoods and opportunities in Africa, this award is open to any business or initiative based in or sourcing from Africa.
Judges of this award are looking for: Businesses and initiatives that are proving the potential for fashion made in Africa to change lives, address environmental issues, and reach international markets with outstanding products and business models.
The awards recognise excellence in fashion and sustainability in 12 categories across the entire supply chain, and winners benefit from widespread promotion and recognition as sector leaders.
See here for info on the categories
You can nominate us here:
WHY vote for us you ask?
Well….check out our track record
1) The setting up of an African fashion label
– a practical feasibility study for sourcing and producing in Africa;
2) Our African Cotton Campaign slogan tees using organic african cotton and ethical non toxic prints slogans which we brought to the catwalk of Vauxhall Fashion Scout during LFW in Feb 2012;
3) We organised an ethical fashion upcycling event Recycle for Now for local community in Waltham Forest in Feb 2011;
4) Our sold out launch event Ethical Fashion/Fashion Africa in Sept 2011 bringing ethical and african fashion specialists to a panel forum discussing ethical fashion and the rise of African fashion;
5) My popular self-published and self-funded coffee table book Fashion Africa
(the first of its kind!) launched to promote 48 design companies in Africa with an ethical fashion perspective;
7) Our consultation work with designers on sourcing and business strategy; with international companies such as Cotton Made in Africa on African fashion competition, and Italian, Parisian and Berlin tradeshows too on projects:
8) Agent representation of ethical fashion production workshops for the Ethical Fashion Marketplace in 2009 and for African fashion brands and companies for the Ethical Fashion Source Expo in 2010:
AND not to forget…
9) Our website platform and social enterprise www.africafashionguide.com
that we constantly get praise for as we promote and support the full supply chain of the African fashion and textiles industry in a contemporary way.
And this is only a snippet of what we have done and what we have coming up.
SO we would love you to vote for us and help lift our profile as we continue our not-for-profit work highlighting the potential that African fashion has, to the global textile industry.
Remember: FINAL DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: TUESDAY 31ST JULY 2012, 6PM GMT.
We sincerely thank you in advance, and appreciate your support.
The SOURCE magazine is THE go to place for Ethical Fashion in today’s market. The SOURCE Awards 2012 are now open for applications. The awards recognise excellence in fashion and sustainability in 12 categories, and winners benefit from widespread promotion and recognition as sector leaders.The SOURCE Awards are free to enter and open to all, from individuals to businesses, in every country in the world.
SOURCE Award winners benefit from recognition across the fashion industry as leaders in both fashion business and sustainability terms. The prize includes promotion on SOURCE Intelligence, through SOURCE Bulletins, on SOURCE Network, and directly to buyers, partner promotional platforms and press, online, and through events. The application process is a simple one step online form.
There are 12 categories so why not apply yourself! If you vote for us, we will share the love and vote for you too.
SOURCE awards categories